Xanax, also recognized as Alprazolam, is a short-acting benzodiazepine that comes with a magical pain-relieving effect. Besides, different studies have proven its capacity, to wean people from alcohol dependence and anxiety. In case you are suffering from these issues, your doctor may prescribe to administer Xanax to manage these problems better.
But before you have them, you may want to know several facts about Xanax. Is Xanax safe, its working technique, is there anything to consider before having them- these are a few amidst this wide array of factors. Consider going through the following lines and gather the required information and statistics on this pill.
Some Interesting Information And Stats On Xanax Pills
Working Process Of Xanax
Benzodiazepines class drugs, like Xanax, attaches a receptor in your brain, known as GABA-A receptor. By binding to this part, it helps in providing a calming effect. Increased activity of GABA causes muscle relaxation, sedation at certain times. Xanax is prescribed by several physicians for its quick anxiety curing effects.
The Longevity Of Xanax
According to several studies, Xanax starts to work within 1 to 2 hours after intaking. When it comes to healthy and younger people, the half dosage of it leaves the body between 6.3 to 26.9 hours. In the case of elderly persons, it takes a longer time to leave somewhere between nine to twenty-seven hours.
Keep These In Mind Before Intaking Xanax Pills
Xanax helps in the pain and anxiety elimination only when administered properly. Otherwise, you may fall prey to its adverse side effects like dizziness, memory issues, vomiting, and so on. Blue, White, Green, or, Yellow, whatever Xanax you are administering, check these facts beforehand.
- Don’t try to set dosage on your own, consult a physician before having it.
- Make sure to buy genuine quality pills.
- Avoid having it in the case you are pregnant, teenager, old, and suffering from respiratory problems.
- Be careful about the possibilities of misusing and becoming dependant on Xanax.
- Stay away from alcohol and opioid drugs, as their working process match with Xanax. You may suffer from addictive effects, and they may lead you to severe health issues, even death.
- If you decide to stop administering this pill, don’t make any sudden step. Talk to your physician to avoid the withdrawal effects that may be caused by abrupt stopping.
- Xanax can help in eliminating pains and anxiety. But besides this, you may go for other anxiety-relieving alternatives. Try out several anti-anxiety mediations, psychotherapies, or other benzodiazepines class drugs.
Exciting Stats On Xanax
Different statistics on Xanax may stimulate your interest in knowing this pill in detail. Get some facts on Xanax in the concluding lines.
ü In 2006, thirty-eight million prescriptions were written on Xanax. In 2013 the number was increased to fifty million.
ü A huge percentage of people (55%) have Xanax without consulting doctors.
ü The prescription rate Xanax has maintained a constant increase of nine percent since 2008.
ü Around 4.4 % of people bought these pills from dealers.